Friday, August 11, 2006

More Paperwork

On Wednesday, I dropped Jason off at Ruth & Chuck's and went to meet our new social worker (our third!). Our first one was laid off and the second one decided to move to Arizona. She was very nice and we talked for about half an hour about adoption, family, and work. It wasn't required but I thought it'd be nice to have a face to put with the voice that will be calling me to tell me we have a daughter. There were a few things that I knew that she didn't that I'd gotten from Rumor Queen like the increased time if you're adopting from Guangdong province. She said that WHFC is still predicting 15 months from LID to referral which would mean we would get a referral in November. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be before that. Because our 797 will expire in November, we have to apply again for CIS approval to adopt. More forms to fill out, more documents to copy, more money to pay. It's almost $600 for this approval. There is a legislature to try to extend this approval but I'm too paranoid to wait to see if it passes. I'd rather have it and not need it then not have it and have any more delays in this process. After meeting with our SW, I went to the Cheesecake Factory (yum!!!) and then back to WHFC for the waiting families meeting. One couple is traveling the end of this month, one family is next to get a referral (there are more than one couple in each LID group of course, but not many come to the meetings). There were 2 women who'd been to Russia to get their referral and meet their new sons and they talked about that. The three couples who are adopting from Guatemala are all traveling to see their children soon. The family who adopted the the twins traveled in July and may be at the next meeting with their children; I can't wait to see them! It helps to see that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: