Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hug Your Kids
Since we got started in the international adoption process a little over 4 years ago, I've been following people's blogs and websites who are also in the process, finished the process or thinking about the process. I also subscribe to umpteen Yahoo groups related to adoption and of course religiously keep up with what's happening in the Rumor Queendom. I'm nosey; when we drive by people's houses and the shades are up, I look in (much to Mike's chagrin). When blogs are open to the public and they're interesting to me, I read them. And yes, if you have a really loud cellphone conversation right next to me in line at the grocery store, I will listen (I will try not to add my two cents though). When you start to follow someone's blog or site, you get to feel like you know them even if you've never met them in real life or talked to them outside of leaving comments. A little while ago I learned about a little girl adopted from China with Jason's birthday who had a Caring Bridge site and I started reading and following it. Caring Bridge is a service that provides free websites for people who are critically ill so they can keep their friends and family updated. The little girl had leukemia and today she got her wings. I cannot imagine the pain her parents are feeling right now. Time to go hug my kids.

No comments: