Friday, June 18, 2010

Southwick Zoo

I hadn't been to Southwick Zoo since Jason was small. I decided to take Jess and we had a blast. I got in free because it was teacher appreciation day but I still spent a lot of money. The one thing I don't like about this zoo is the number of kiddie rides they have. They're pretty expensive and I don't really see the point of having them. I did let Jess go on the carousel but that was it for mechanical rides.

I don't remember ever seeing a white wallaby before.


The guide standing by the tortoise area told us that this tortoise is middle age (100 years). I commented that he wouldn't make a good pet since he'd outlive his owners by so many years. Very seriously, the guide said "Oh, Ma'am, you can't have one of these as a pet. They don't live around here."

Jess rode the camel. She said he walks different. He kept stopping to eat while walking around the pen with her.


Southwick has a deer forest where you go in and can feed lots of deer. They were very friendly and followed everyone around looking for food.

Jess riding the elephant.

There were lots of goats in the petting zoo. It was hard to get food from the dispensor because the bigger goats were all over it.



Jess scolding a baby goat for trying to eat her shorts.







No comments: