Sunday, July 15, 2007

Scrapbooking Weekend - SDV - Updated with pics

What an awesome event. I'll post pictures tomorrow of some of the pages I did. This is my second SDV (scrapbookers dream vacation). It's a huge scrapbooking crop held in different cities across the country. The one I went to was in Burlington, MA - somewhat close to home. I went alone so I didn't know the people I was sitting with but they were very friendly and fun to talk to. I knew some people at a different table so I had lunch and dinner with them and caught up on what's going on. Thursday night I'd gone to a jewelry party at a coworkers house and had to pack up when I got home at 9. At midnight when I was bringing everything out to the car, Jack got out. I was going crazy trying to get the little bugger back in without making too much noise. I went to bed worrying about him; when Jess woke me up at 2:30, I took her and went downstairs. As soon as I opened the door, he came flying in. Guess it got a little colder than he expected in the middle of the night! It was back to bed until 7 and I was on the road by 7:30. Thankfully rush hour traffic was really light and I made it to Burlington by 9 in time to check in. I got about 16 pages done over the weekend including journaling which was pretty good. I stayed at the hotel (Marriott) Friday night. It was nice having the room to go to when I felt like taking a break. I scrapped until 9, went to the room to watch Monk, and then returned to scrapping until 12:30. Sleeping in Saturday morning was HEAVENLY. I took a leisurely shower, went to Panera's for a bagel and ice tea and got back to scrapping. Even though I didn't plan on staying at the crop on Sunday, I wished I'd had the hotel room until Sunday morning. I didn't want to leave Saturday night as I was on a roll but I knew I'd be sorry if I waited until I was really tired since I had such a long drive. Next year I'm staying 2 nights. I left at 10:30 and got home around 11:45. Pre-registration will be opening soon for next year so I'll be watching for it


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Paula!

Glad you had a great time! I go away in Feb. to the Seacrest for 2 nights of scrapping, it is awesome! I'll keep you posted on the date. Of course, hopefully I will finally ne in China!