Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you the day the Eagle cried?



Where were you when the world stopped turning
that September day?
Were you teaching a class full of innocent children
or working on some stage in LA?
- Alan Jackson
I can still remember quite clearly where I was that morning. I was just finishing circle time with my kindergarten students and was standing at the coat closet. We kept the children in the rest of the day. The teacher next door to me left quickly to check on her family in NY, many of whom worked in Manhattan. I emailed the advertising agency I worked at in Boston to check on our clients at the WTC. The brother of a guy I worked at with Draper was killed.
Tonight Mike and the rest of the firefighter pipe and drum will march to the fallen firefighter memorial. I'll be working as our school decided to have open house tonight. Mike's emailed the superintendent to let him know what he thought about that.
God bless the souls who left us and the family and friends they left behind. God bless the USA.

No comments: