Tuesday, September 12, 2006




100 Good Wishes Quilt



What is a 100 wishes quilt? It’s a tradition in northern China for mothers to make a Bai Jia Bei (aka 100 Good Wishes Quilt) from squares of fabric given by friends and family to welcome the child. The friends and family also send a wish for the baby. It is said that the quilt contains the luck and energy from everyone who contributed a piece of fabric. The adoption community has taken on this tradition for our own daughters.
Above are pictures of the quilt I made for the baby. It turned out quite large. It was so much fun getting the squares in the mail and seeing all the different fabrics that were chosen. I ended up with more than 100 so I am planning on making a second quilt. If anyone would like to send a square and wish, please let me know. I'm thinking I may make this second quilt lap-size.

No comments: