Thursday, March 01, 2007

Checking in from China

This will have to be quick because I'm using the business center and hoping that Jess isn't waking up in the room with Mike & Jason. I'll do a day by day post later but wanted to let everyone know that we have Jess and she is wonderful! We got her a day earlier than we'd thought which was exciting and a bit overwhelming. I can't believe the improvements we've seen in just a couple of days. She wasn't walking at all but could stand. The next day she walked holding 2 hands and now she'll walk holding one. She's mastered the bottle (wasn't able to hold it herself the first day) and her hand:eye coordination has gotten better with all the cheerios she's been eating. She is very attached to me but won't let Mike or Jason near her. When we visited the orphanage, she let the nannies hold her for a minute but almost immediately held her arms out to me - she knows her mama!!! She fits perfectly into the 9 month clothing I brought but the 12 months fits if I roll the pants up. She crawls around mostly, has mastered peek a boo and loves to clap. She's always holding her hands up for kisses. I can't post pictures yet since this isn't my computer and I can't download from my camera. As soon as I'm home I will share. She's beautiful. Well, I'd better get upstairs before she wakes up and finds me missing. The whole floor will be woken up-she has quite the pair of lungs.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Awesome! I can't wait to hear all about Jess, and how she melds with her new family.

daionara said...

AWESOME! I am so glad she's with you at last. I can't wait to see pictures!